The management interface of Drupal 7
the management interface of Drupal 7 is the place from which to administer our website. In this section you can perform all administrative tasks that can be performed in a web Drupal, provided we have the appropriate permissions to perform them. In all installations Drupal, the user that created the website has absolutely all the permissions assigned, and can not limit access to anything. We create users can be assigned to certain roles, each with its permits, so some of the menu options here explain not appear if you do not have the appropriate privileges to use them.
The first step we must take to gain access to the management interface of Drupal 7 is entering the login form. On some pages the form will be in sight, or some section, but in others it may not be accessible directly. A page will be displayed with the form in which we enter our name and password. If we have installed the module LoginTobbogan (and all our facilities are installed and configured) we can use email instead of username. After entering the correct data and press the button sign we all view of different management options Drupal.
If we have enabled the module toolbar , although we like more Administration Toolbar style menu at the top of the page you will see a toolbar with access to all sections of administration, modification and content creation. The sections that we will see this toolbar, and page control panel are as follows:
- Control Panel: is a link to the control panel, the module if you have installed Total Control will see an improved control panel with direct access to the most common operations.
- Content: In this section we create nodes of each and every one of the types of site content, search, edit and delete all existing contents, and manage web forms and some more tasks.
- Structure: This section is the one that defines the structure of the website in Drupal. Here they are defined content types, fields that have these types of content, menus, taxonomies and views, mainly. Naturally, some modules add entries in this section.
- Appearance: here you can change the theme assigned to our web page, change the default theme, change the subject of administration and setup different theme options you have installed.
- People: the total user management, creation and modification of licenses and allocation of roles is in this section.
- Modules: in this section we will install modules, remove modules, see the module updates that are available and also see shortcuts to the configuration of each module.
- Configuration: the configuration of all module configuration, the same behavior, etc. functional aspects, is carried out from this section. Normally, each new module will stop on this page one or more links to customization and configuration.
- Reports: the most important reports that are here are the “status report”, “pending updates” and “recent log messages,” although there are many modules that can add useful information.
- Help: a very useful section that will allow see a complete index of help pages for questions about the use of Drupal 7.
And with this we have an overview of what the administrative elements of the management interface of Drupal 7, soon we will explain the organizational structure of Drupal and content creation.